9.18.2011

Sunday, September 18

Day Three -

As I mentioned in the post before this ... we certainly had our fill of fun at Oktoberfest. Today we all woke up late feeling just a bit in pain. Some had hangovers while others had large bruises, bum knees, and scars on their arms. I guess dancing on those beer soaked tables takes a lot more skill than we had anticipated. You would think that after dancing on bleachers at Phil Vassar Concerts we would have had our practice, we were wrong. Justin and I decided to brave the dreary rainy day and take the U-Bahn down to Odeonsplatz. Justin had looked up Chinese food and found a place that was highly liked by some of the locals. We enjoyed some of the best basil curry I have ever had. I laughed a bit because in the states we are use to going to small Chinese places where they speak Chinese and broken English. Here it was the same but they spoke broke German - it though me a for a loop at first. After indulging in comfort food, we continued to walk around Munich. I kept being surprised at all the shops in Munich. Anything from kick-knacks, souvenirs, drindl's and lederhosen to Coach, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, etc. I was completely in heaven but limited myself to the basic window shopping.
Store full of tradition German souvenirs.

Store filled with traditional German fine meats. I think we tried every one of these at one point during our trip.

In typical American fashion, we ended this dreary day at our hotel bar which was showcasing the Bayern Munich game and American football. OK Packer fans, yes, I know the Bear played horribly. Thank you.
I have to say there is nothing better than to end a day like to day other than breaking into the mini bar and sharing a bottle of Shiraz with your brother and waking up to a wine soaked pillow. Sorry to the hotel maids again, I am sure you hate us.

No comments:

Post a Comment